Identification requirements

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn more

I agree
+44 (0) 207 112 8684

Identification requirements

Identification requirements

As a government regulated company formation agency, we are required to comply with Money Laundering Regulations. As regulated by the government we are required to obtain two forms of identification from our clients.

This AML (Anti-Money Laundering) ID proof is mandatory when you purchase ongoing service such as registered office, company secretary, or business address service.

We aim to avoid inconveniencing our clients and make it a simple process. We will ask you to provide 2 forms of identification documents. These can be chosen from the lists given below. These documents can be sent electronically to us by email (scan or photo). You can also post it to our address. Please note this must be submitted to us within 30 days from the date of your order.

What identification proofs are accepted?

Two forms of identification are required (proof of name and proof of address)

1.Proof of name (Please submit any one of the following)

  1. Copy of current passport (should not be expired)
  2. Current UK or EEA photocard driving license
  3. Full old-style driving license
  4. National identity card with name and photograph of the applicant
  5. Residence permit issued by the Home Office to EEA nationals
  6. Original birth certificate
  7. Photographic registration cards for self-employed individuals in the construction industry
  8. EEA member state identity card

2.Proof of address (Please submit any one of the following)

  1. Utility bill (gas, electric or water bill issued within the last 3 months)
  2. Current UK driving license (only if not used as name proof)
  3. Council tax bill for the current council tax year
  4. Bank statement (or Building Society/Credit Union statement)
  5. Mortgage statement from a recognized lender issued for the last full year
  6. HMRC self-assessment or tax demand letter
  7. NHS Medical card
  8. Tenancy agreement for the current year or council/housing association rent card
  9. Benefit book or original notification letter from benefits agency (only if not used as name proof)
  10. Electoral registry entry

Who needs to provide identification?

  • All persons named as directors
  • All persons holding 25% or more of the voting shares
  • The person placing the order (if not named as a director or shareholder)
  • If director or shareholder is a corporate entity then we apply the same procedure to each entity (to identify the controlling individuals)

How to send the ID proof documents to us?

1) Email (recommended)

Please scan or take a photo of the document and email it to us at . We will confirm receipt of the required information.

2) Post

You can also take photocopies of the documents and post it to our address given below.

Mint formations Ltd

College House, 2nd Floor

17 King Edwards Road,




Overseas customers

We employ verification checks to identify the documents provided by non-UK residents comply with the requirements. We may also require you to send notarized copies of your documents.

Register your UK limited company

Register your UK limited company

We have a wide selection of company formation packages to suit your specific budgets and requirements. Start with the registration of your company today.

UK customers International customers

Have a question?

Call Now: +44 (0) 207 112 8684

5 reasons to choose Mint

  1. No hidden costs (honest pricing)
  2. Prestigious London Address
  3. FREE lifetime customer support
  4. Companies House authorized
  5. Consistent 5-star reviews

Mint Formations Limited, College House, 2nd Floor, 17 King Edwards Road, London, HA4 7AE

Company Reg. No. 10771070 Vat Registration Nr: 269 1733 76

© Copyright. Mint Formations Limited


Phone: +44 (0) 207 112 8684

9AM - 6PM, Monday to Friday