COVID-19 coronavirus update: Mint formations remains open for business. Customer orders are being processed without delay. Close

We're here to help

Call us: +44 (0)20 7112 8684

9am to 7pm GMT (Monday - Friday),

Change your company name

If you want to change your company’s name, you need to do it the right way to ensure that HMRC and Companies House is aware of the change.

Our team can take care of all the paperwork and file it to Companies House on your behalf to ensure you comply with regulations.

How do I change my company’s name?

You can change your company’s name in two ways. The method you choose will affect the forms you need to file.

  • A limited company’s director can change the company name without shareholder approval. In this case, you need to fill in the form NM04 and ensure the change is processed legally.
  • You can opt to change your company’s name by passing a special resolution. At least 75% of your company’s members must be in favour of the change. When this happens, the director must send each member a written confirmation of the resolution to change the company name. You should also file form NM01 to Companies House within 15 days.

Whichever method you choose, our team can help. We’ll handle the process for you, including filling in the required forms and filing them with Companies House.

How does the company name change process work?

  • As a director, or once a majority of your shareholders have agreed to the name change, you provide us with your new company name
  • We create the company name change resolution, file the form and meet all legal obligations on your behalf
  • You’ll receive your company name change notification letter from Companies House once the change has been approved

That’s it! You can then announce your company’s new name.

Why choose Mint Formations to change your company’s name?

  • Avoid unwanted stress and complicated paperwork
  • We have vast experience and knowledge of company regulations and law, so you can rest assured we’ll file your company name change the right way
  • We’ll file all your forms with Companies House so you don’t have to
  • We offer a simple name change process — you can do it all online via our bank-grade security platform

How the company name change service works

  • Click the “Change My Company Name Now” button
  • Make the payment
  • Provide us with the new and old name of your company
  • Give us the details of the directors and shareholders who have accepted the change

We will file the required forms electronically with Companies House and supply you with the new name change approval document and other paperwork by email within three working days.

Is the company name change fee included in your service?

Yes, our service charge is fully inclusive of the Companies House name change fee and the required paperwork and filing charges.

What documents will I need to change my company’s name?

There are several standard documents you will need to successfully change your company’s name with Companies House.

  • Board meeting minutes — This confirms that all directors (or the sole director, if applicable) agree to the name change
  • Special resolution — This document confirms that your shareholders agree to the change of name by a 75% majority, if this method is chosen
  • Completion and filing of the relevant form with Companies House
  • The certificate of name change from Companies House, which is issued once the name change has been approved

We will handle everything on your behalf, so you don’t need to worry about filling out complicated paperwork or adhering to complex processes. It’s important to note that, in some cases, Companies House may reject your name change request. In this case, we will advise you of such so that you can reapply. To reduce your chance of rejection , we encourage you to avoid using names similar to an existing limited company or using sensitive and offensive wording in your company’s name.

What is a special resolution?

A special resolution requires at least 75% of the company’s shareholders to vote in favour of the resolution for it to pass. Such a resolution is mandatory for the following changes and actions:

  • Changing your company name
  • Amending your company’s articles of association (which is included as a part of online formation)
  • Reducing your company’s share capital (if applicable)
  • Processing the disapplication of a shareholder’s pre-emption rights
  • Purchasing your company’s shares (under certain conditions)
  • Changing your company’s registration status
  • Closing the company, either voluntarily or by court order

Can you also help with company transfer of shares?

Yes, we can help you with the transfer of shares or issue of shares . Our team will fill all the required forms and file them according to UK regulations.

Can you help us to register a new company instead?

You may choose to register a new company instead. You can do this by following our simple four-step process. This is entirely online and can be done in minutes — and our team is always on hand to help you if you need it.

Tell companies house about your company name change — £49 +VAT

Company name change

Are you looking to change your company’s name? Make sure you’re doing it the right way but letting Mint Formations handle it for you. We’ll tackle the complex paperwork and send you confirmation of your successful name change, allowing you to focus on preparing for life after your company name change.

Change my company name now

Have a question?

Call Now: +44 (0) 207 112 8684

5 reasons to choose Mint

  1. No hidden costs (honest pricing)
  2. Prestigious London Address
  3. FREE lifetime customer support
  4. Companies House authorized
  5. Consistent 5-star reviews

You Can Also Order Via Phone

Just call us and speak with our friendly company registration expert. We will complete your order by phone or guide you step by step.

020 7112 8684

Company Formation

Statutory Requirements

Business Essentials

About Us

Company types

Address services

Banking Services

Help & advice

Mint Formations Limited, College House, 2nd Floor, 17 King Edwards Road, London, HA4 7AE

Email: , Phone: +44 (0) 207 112 8684, 9am - 7pm GMT, Monday to Friday

Company Reg. No. 10771070 Vat Registration Nr: 269 1733 76

Register a UK Limited Company | © Copyright. Mint Formations Limited | Authorised by Companies House. Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions