COVID-19 coronavirus update: Mint formations remains open for business. Customer orders are being processed without delay. Close

We're here to help

Call us: +44 (0)20 7112 8684

9am to 7pm GMT (Monday - Friday),

Issue of shares for limited company

After you register a company , you may want to issue shares to new shareholders or more shares to existing shareholders. We can help you issue new shares the right way. When issuing new shares, there are certain procedures you must follow, including informing Companies House about the changes to your company’s share structure. Our team will handle all the paperwork and fill in the required forms and submit them on your behalf.

What is the issue of shares process?

When issuing new shares, Companies House requires you to include a notice about the changes you have made and a statement declaring the following:

  • The total number of your company’s shares
  • The total value of those shares
  • How many shares have been paid for or not paid for

Your company’s shares might be normal (ordinary shares) or have special rights or restrictions.

For each type of share your company has, you must also declare:

  • The rights that come with the shares
  • How many shares you have issued for your company
  • The total value of shares before any additional costs are added

If it sounds complex, you can breathe a sigh of relief, as our team can take care of the entire process and issue your shares for you while adhering to all regulations.

What are the requirements for the issue of new shares?

When you issue new shares for your UK limited company, you must file all the changes made with Companies House. In some cases, you may also need to pass a special resolution by your company’s shareholders and directors. A special resolution is needed to pass your company’s issue of shares if you want to:

  • Change the number of shares your company has and their total value (this is part of your company’s income that comes from shares)
  • Change how your company’s shares are distributed
  • Cancel any of your company’s shares
  • Change your company’s shares into other currencies (denominate).

Please note that if you issue more shares in your company, you must inform Companies House within a month. For any changes to your share structure, such as those that require a special resolution, you must inform Companies House within the next 21 days.

Transfer of shares

After you’ve registered your company , you may look to transfer your shares between shareholders. With years of experience and combined knowledge of UK accounting and company procedures, we can help you transfer shares within your limited company in the right way.

Our team will collect the necessary details for the transfer of shares, including the directors and shareholders involved and the exact shares structure before preparing the share transfer form and any other paperwork required. We’ll then file the changes with Companies House. Details of the new shareholder(s) will be listed on the public register when the next company confirmation statement is filed , as these details must be disclosed when your statement is due.

If you require your details to be updated before this date, you will need to file an early confirmation statement. We can prepare a confirmation statement as part of the transfer of shares service for an additional cost of £24 +VAT (this includes the Companies House filing fee).

How does it work?

  • Click the “Transfer Shares within My Business Now” button
  • Fill in your details and complete the payment
  • We will send you the required documents electronically within three working days
  • You must return the signed stock transfer form to us, which is to be signed by the person transferring the shares (not the person receiving them)
  • We can provide you with printed documents by post for an additional fee
  • If requested as part of your order, we will file a confirmation statement on your behalf

Proof of ID

Anti Money Laundering (AML) regulations require us to request photo ID and proof of address. These will be requested as required by law and must be provided before we can process your transfer of shares.

What does it mean to transfer shares within a UK limited company?

The transfer of shares is the process of transferring existing shares from one person (shareholder) to another, either by sales or agreement. Limited company shares can be sold to other persons or corporate entities (such as another limited company) or transferred by changing the existing proportion of shares between the shareholders.

Shares are transferred in the following scenarios:

  • You want to transfer shares from an existing shareholder to another
  • You want to change the proportion of shares between existing shareholders
  • You want to appoint a new shareholder and transfer shares or change the proportion of shares
  • You want to appoint another company as a shareholder and then transfer shares or change the proportions of the existing share structure

Can you provide an address service for a new shareholder?

Yes, you can use our director’s service address to prevent your new shareholder’s home address from being displayed on the public record.

What is included in our price?

We will prepare the following documentation:

  • A stock transfer form, which must be completed to legally transfer ownership from the existing shareholder to a new shareholder (Note: If shares are sold for more than £1,000, the new shareholder must send a copy of the transfer form to HMRC and pay the required stamp duty)
  • Board meeting minutes, where the directors authorise the transfer of shares
  • Share certificates to issue to the new shareholder(s) as required by law

Do you also offer an issue of shares service?

Yes. We can help you issue new shares to shareholders via our issue of shares service.

Issue shares for a limited company - £59

Issue of shares

Take out the complexity of issuing new shares within your limited company by opting for Mint Formations. Our friendly and expert team will fill in all the paperwork and liaise with Companies House entirely on your behalf.

Issue shares for your limited company today

Transfer Shares to Shareholders in Your UK Limited Company - £49

Transfer of shares

Are you looking to transfer shares to a new or existing shareholder or change the proportion of existing shares within your business? Mint Formations can handle the entire process for you, including filling in and filing your paperwork — all you need to do is sign!

Transfer Shares within My Business Now

Have a question?

Call Now: +44 (0) 207 112 8684

5 reasons to choose Mint

  1. No hidden costs (honest pricing)
  2. Prestigious London Address
  3. FREE lifetime customer support
  4. Companies House authorized
  5. Consistent 5-star reviews

You Can Also Order Via Phone

Just call us and speak with our friendly company registration expert. We will complete your order by phone or guide you step by step.

020 7112 8684

Company Formation

Statutory Requirements

Business Essentials

About Us

Company types

Address services

Banking Services

Help & advice

Mint Formations Limited, College House, 2nd Floor, 17 King Edwards Road, London, HA4 7AE

Email: , Phone: +44 (0) 207 112 8684, 9am - 7pm GMT, Monday to Friday

Company Reg. No. 10771070 Vat Registration Nr: 269 1733 76

Register a UK Limited Company | © Copyright. Mint Formations Limited | Authorised by Companies House. Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions